Wire and cable manufacturing process overview Wire and […]
Wire and cable manufacturing process overview Wire and cable manufacturing is completely different from most electromechanical products. Electromechanical products are usually assembled into parts, multiple parts and then assembled into a single product, and the product is measured in units or pieces. Wire and cable are based on length as the basic unit of measurement. All wire and cable are processed from the conductor, and the insulation, shielding, cable formation, protective layer, etc. are added layer by layer on the periphery of the conductor to make wire and cable products. The more complex the product structure, the more layers there are.
1. Process characteristics of wire and cable product manufacturing:
1. Large-length continuous superposition combined production method The large-length continuous superposition combined production method has a global and controllable influence on the production of wires and cables.
This involves and affects:
(1) Production process and equipment layout The various equipment in the production workshop must be reasonably discharged according to the process flow required by the product, so that the semi-finished products at various stages can be circulated in sequence.
(2) Production organization management Production organization management must be scientific and reasonable, thorough and accurate, strict and meticulous, the operator must carry out meticulously according to the process requirements, and any problem in any link will affect the smoothness of the process flow and affect the quality and delivery of the product.
(3) Quality management The production method of large length continuous superimposed combination, so that any problem in any link in the production process instantaneously will affect the quality of the entire cable. The more quality defects occur in the inner layer, and the production is not found in a timely manner, the greater the loss.
2. There are many production process categories and large material flow. The manufacturing process involves a wide range of process categories, from the smelting and pressure processing of non-ferrous metals, to chemical technologies such as plastics, rubber, paint, etc .; textile technologies such as fiber wrapping and weaving To the wrapping of metal materials and the longitudinal wrapping of metal strips, the welding metal forming process and so on. Various materials used in wire and cable manufacturing are not only of many types, varieties and specifications, but also of large quantity.
3. Special equipment Multi-wire and cable manufacturing uses special production equipment with process characteristics of the industry to meet the structure and performance requirements of cable products, meet the requirements of large-length continuous and high-speed production, and form a special cable manufacturing Equipment series. Such as extruder series, wire drawing machine series, stranding machine series, wrapping machine series, etc. The manufacturing process of wire and cable is closely related to the development of special equipment and promotes each other.
Second, the main process of wire and cable wire and cable is through:
The three processes of drawing, twisting and coating are completed. The more complicated the model specifications, the higher the repeatability.
1. Drawing in metal pressure processing. Under the action of external force, the metal is forced to pass through the die (pressure wheel), the metal cross-sectional area is compressed, and the technical processing method to obtain the required cross-sectional area shape and size is called metal drawing system. Drawing process points: monofilament drawing and strand drawing.
2. Stranding In order to improve the flexibility and integrity of the wire and cable, letting more than 2 single wires intertwine together in the prescribed direction is called twisting. The stranding process is divided into: conductor stranding, cable formation, braiding, steel wire armoring and winding.
3. According to different performance requirements for wires and cables, special equipment is used to coat different materials on the outside of the conductor.
A. Extrusion: rubber, plastic, lead, aluminum and other materials.
B, vertical package: rubber, wrinkle aluminum belt material.
C. Wrapping: ribbon-shaped paper tape, mica tape, alkali-free glass fiber tape, non-woven fabric, plastic tape, etc., linear cotton yarn, silk and other fiber materials.
D. Dip coating: insulating paint, asphalt, etc.